Marathon Motel & RV Park, Marathon TX
Sunset at the Marathon Motel Campground, Marathon TX, December 26, 2008
- This is a nice, modest Mom & Pop Motel and RV Park complex with full hookups and a bath house and laundry.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available with strong the signal on Verizon's Extended Network. Internet access is at dial-up speed. They do have free WiFi which worked fine at the the front of the dry camping area where I was parked.
- Find other references to Marathon Motel
- Go to the Marathon Motel & RV Park website
- List the nights I've camped here
- Get a Google Street View and map of the motel
- Check the weather
Nights I've camped here
Wisdom is a product of a process. This process begins with information, proceeds through knowledge, and through what a less gifted poet, Edgar Guest, called "a heap of living," ends in wisdom.
... Wisdom, when it comes, usually arrives late in life. I've known some people who were wise in their early thirties and others who died old without a clue. Most philosophers were of the mind that a person should be at least forty years of age to have enough learning experiences. Now it seems that it is much too young. The step from knowledge to wisdom is the longest one in a person's life.