Marathon Motel & RV Park, Marathon TX
Sunset at the Marathon Motel Campground, Marathon TX, December 26, 2008
- This is a nice, modest Mom & Pop Motel and RV Park complex with full hookups and a bath house and laundry.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available with strong the signal on Verizon's Extended Network. Internet access is at dial-up speed. They do have free WiFi which worked fine at the the front of the dry camping area where I was parked.
- Find other references to Marathon Motel
- Go to the Marathon Motel & RV Park website
- List the nights I've camped here
- Get a Google Street View and map of the motel
- Check the weather
Nights I've camped here
I've always been drawn more toward realism than fantasy, because it seems to me that realism is endlessly interesting and finally indeterminable. Realism is a species of fantasy that's much more integrated and hard-core than fantasy itself, but if you are ready to come to grips with the inevitable slipperiness of most available facts, you come to recognize that realism is not a direct approach to the truth so much as it is the most concentrated form of fantasy.
Birds and Lions, Norman Mailer, the New Yorker, December 23 & 30, 2002