Travels, Tools, Photography and More
Boondocked East of Escalante UT, April 14, 2011
When I set up this site I intended to use it as a venue for selling stuff. Tools mostly, tools I wasn't using anymore, both modern and antique. That's where the name of the site comes from. I'm a cabinetmaker and craftsman, retired now. My father before me was an auctioneer. As you can imagine I grew up with stuff, way too much stuff, way more than I ever needed. Hence the idea to lighten my burden by selling some here. Well, that never came to pass and meanwhile I kept putting pages up here relating to my various interests - things I want to keep track of and to share with anyone who might find them useful.
Have a look around.
- Fulltiming is a term used in the motorhome world to refer to those who live full time their motorhome, either parked in one place or on the move from campground to campground or RV Park to RV Park. Some move seasonally. Some move regularly. Some seldom move at all. I've been drawn to this life for years and joined the fulltiming community late in 2007.
- I've been a casual picture taker forever, as have most of us, but once I set off on my adventure living fulltime in my RV and traveling about, my interest in photography started to grow. I began to see stuff I wanted to capture. Eventually I landed in San Antonio NM and spent some time photographing the Sandhill Cranes wintering at the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge. I was hooked.
- Leatherworking is a relatively new interest of mine and I'll be adding pages here describing some of the leatherworking projects I've been doing as I try to learn about this craft.
- My interest in reading and writing is varied and shows up here on this site in several forms.
- Good, nutritional food underpins a healthy body. Much of what is sold as food today is no more than the 1960's Popular Science view of our future of meals in a pill. There have to be better ways to eat and thrive.
- Early in 2002 I started searching for a replacement for my aging and never very satisfactory International 484 utility tractor with Bush Hog mower and Westendorf loader. That search eventually led me to the innovative Power-Trac articulated tractors and the PT-1845 model in particular.
- I use these pages as my online reference library.
- Notable points on the evolutionary path of CoxonTool.com.