Monday, December 29, 2008 - Marathon Motel & RV Park, Marathon TX
A walk in the park, Marathon Motel & RV Park, Marathon TX, December 29, 2008
Todays RV maintenance
It was a a beautiful clear sunny day today and I decided to take another crack at writing the conclusion to A Tale of Two Leaks. There are only two items up there that haven't been resealed - the air conditioner and the awning. Today I removed and resealed the air conditioner.
- This is a nice, modest Mom & Pop Motel and RV Park complex with full hookups and a bath house and laundry.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available with strong the signal on Verizon's Extended Network. Internet access is at dial-up speed. They do have free WiFi which worked fine at the the front of the dry camping area where I was parked.
- Find other references to Marathon Motel
- Go to the Marathon Motel & RV Park website
- List the nights I've camped here
- Get a Google Street View and map of the motel
- Check the weather
A life, I believe - lived well and openly - with a certain sort of careful attention to form and function - creates art - or, at the very least, inspires it. I believe that art is contained in the ordinary events, that the small things we see and hear and learn everyday provide opportunities to explore parts of ourselves or our society in a way that can actually produce art. Whether it is a story you leave behind or one you take with you, I believe that any given situation is rich with opportunities to participate in the creation of something useful that can also be artful.
Living Art - Photography By Catherine Jamieson