Friday, December 26, 2008 - Marathon Motel & RV Park, Marathon TX
Sunset at the Marathon Motel Campground, Marathon TX, December 26, 2008
Travel route for the day
From Uvalde TX I took US 90 west about 245 miles to Marathon TX.
- This is a nice, modest Mom & Pop Motel and RV Park complex with full hookups and a bath house and laundry.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available with strong the signal on Verizon's Extended Network. Internet access is at dial-up speed. They do have free WiFi which worked fine at the the front of the dry camping area where I was parked.
- Find other references to Marathon Motel
- Go to the Marathon Motel & RV Park website
- List the nights I've camped here
- Get a Google Street View and map of the motel
- Check the weather
The day following my arrival in the flourishing City of the Saints, as they called it then and still call it, I very unexpectedly met and formed the acquaintance of Brigham Young. I was riding along at the head of my flock of sheep when a stoutly built, florid faced genteel-looking man, whose hair was just turning gray, walked down to the street from one of the most pretentious residences in the place and inquired whose sheep I had charge of.