Late Snack, Sandhill Crane, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, San Antonio NM, February 4, 2010
Catching up with my posts
Now that I'm caught up here I'm going to try to catch up with the posts I let slide while I was boondocking over at Leasburg Dam State Park, Radium Springs NM without enough power to comfortably keep the laptop running. If you want to follow along, start with the December 6th post. You'll find some info in those posts about my experiences with winter boondocking.
Site 8 - LoW-HI RV Ranch, Deming NM
- This is a spacious 65 site campground with most sites offering full hookups.
- Locate LoW-HI RV Ranch on my Night Camps map
- Verizon cell phone - strong signal
- Verizon Broadband - strong signal but often slow
- Check the weather in Deming NM
During the Second World War, Deming was again the designated location for a training base. This time, the Deming Army Air Base was established east of town to train young airmen in the use of the secret Norden bombsight. The trainees were processed in groups of 500 every 6 weeks, and they flew their missions in the 150 AT-11 Beechcraft trainers, designated the Kansan, each armed with up to 10 practice bombs.