Final Approach, Sandhill Cranes, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, San Antonio NM, February 4, 2010
Coming to roost
Here's another picture from my February 4th shoot at the Bosque last year. The sun will set soon and the Sandhill Cranes are beginning to come in from their feeding grounds to roost in the ponds along the highway at the Bosque.
Site 8 - LoW-HI RV Ranch, Deming NM
- This is a spacious 65 site campground with most sites offering full hookups.
- Locate LoW-HI RV Ranch on my Night Camps map
- Verizon cell phone - strong signal
- Verizon Broadband - strong signal but often slow
- Check the weather in Deming NM
During the Second World War, Deming was again the designated location for a training base. This time, the Deming Army Air Base was established east of town to train young airmen in the use of the secret Norden bombsight. The trainees were processed in groups of 500 every 6 weeks, and they flew their missions in the 150 AT-11 Beechcraft trainers, designated the Kansan, each armed with up to 10 practice bombs.