Bird & Birders, Sunset, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, San Antonio NM, February 4, 2010
There's the infamous goose
This picture will give you an idea of the scene at the roosting ponds along the highway through the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge a few miles south of San Antonio NM. This picture was taken about a minute after the Snow Goose series I pulled the picture from for the posts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Birders gather here to watch the Sandhill Cranes and Snow Geese coming to roost at sunset and again in the morning to watch them wake up and take off for their feeding grounds at sunrise.
Site 8 - LoW-HI RV Ranch, Deming NM
- This is a spacious 65 site campground with most sites offering full hookups.
- Locate LoW-HI RV Ranch on my Night Camps map
- Verizon cell phone - strong signal
- Verizon Broadband - strong signal but often slow
- Check the weather in Deming NM
My favorite quote from Wendell Barry [sic] (other than his mad farmer poems that is) is from Long-Legged House: