Thursday, February 11, 2010 - Bosque Birdwatchers RV Park, San Antonio NM
Elk, Bosque National Wildlife Refuge, San Antonio NM, February 11, 2010
A day at the Refuge
Today I spent the whole day at the refuge. It was a nice long, relaxing day of hiking and taking pictures and I got some great shots. First of Sandhill Cranes breaking camp at their roost in the morning, then of some ducks and geese and a passing train on a hike around a big marsh. Later I got some great shots of Northern Harriers hunting in the brush along the road and some close shots of a Cooper's Hawk perched in a snag. Lucky me I got to top it all off with my first glimpse of the local elk herd on my way back to the pond for some shots of the Sandhill Cranes returning to the roost. Nice day.
- This is a basic, small Mom & Pop RV Park with full hookups.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available here with a strong signal.
- Locate Bosque Bird Watcher's RV Park on my Night Camps map
- Click for Google street view
- Check the weather in San Antonio NM