Three Rivers Petroglyphs Series #1, Three Rivers NM, April 28, 2009
Three Rivers Petroglyphs
Today I'm starting a series of pictures I took at the Three Rivers Petroglyph Site north of Tularosa NM when I came through the area on April 28th. There are over 21,000 petroglyphs on this rocky hilltop.
On my property off Less Traveled Road - The Home Place, Red Rock, East Chatham NY
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
As my breathing evened out, I began to notice other sensations. The water felt different from any other water I'd ever swum in, as if it were more solid than fluid, as though I were swimming through a liquid Sno-Kone. [swimming in 33 degree water / 34 degree air]
Swimming To Antarctica, Lynne Cox, The New Yorker, February 3, 2003