Three Rivers Petroglyphs Series #1, Three Rivers NM, April 28, 2009
Three Rivers Petroglyphs
Today I'm starting a series of pictures I took at the Three Rivers Petroglyph Site north of Tularosa NM when I came through the area on April 28th. There are over 21,000 petroglyphs on this rocky hilltop.
On my property off Less Traveled Road - The Home Place, Red Rock, East Chatham NY
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
A small, concentrated domestic space intensifies everything. It’s like the fire we live around—move it close together and the flame flares up, spread it apart and the fire goes out. We have always lived in small houses, but this one is the smallest and the best. Here I feel all my loose and wandering thoughts are gathered up and made whole. It is an antidote to a world of distractions. It is a world unto itself. It is almost more myself than I am.’