Fort Defiance swings, Fort Defiance Park, Cairo IL, May 4, 2009
It's a wrap
I made landfall back in Red Rock in the early afternoon.
On my property off Less Traveled Road - The Home Place, Red Rock, East Chatham NY
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
Many scientists revere and study the speed of light, but what is the speed of darkness? What is the speed of the unseen? Darkness is already everywhere at once, and light is but a momentary interruption.
Caught in Fading Light: Mountain Lions, Zen Masters, and Wild Nature, Gary Thorp