Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - Rockhound State Park, Deming NM
Sunset on the trail, Rockhound State Park, Deming NM, February 9, 2009
It's cool in the park today - yesterday morning's light snowfall is gone except for a light dusting on the mountains across the valley.
Site 27 - Rockhound State Park, Deming NM
- Verizon cell phone service - good signal
- Verizon EVDO service - good signal
- Find other references to Rockhound on this website
- List the nights I've camped here
- Go to the Rockhound State Park website
- Get a Google map of this area
- Check the weather here
It would be possible, of course, to feel contempt for people entirely oblivious of the power structure within which they had their own security. But what do people in general know about how their privileges relate to their fellow citizens' lack of privileges? Is it possible, even, to live with an exact knowledge of where you yourself stand in the network of human exploitation?
Almost There: The Onward Journey of a Dublin Woman, Nuala O'Faolain