Lighted Hexion water tower from Foscue Creek Park, Nov 28, 2008
I need a tripod
On my walk last night I saw several interesting photo opportunities I wanted to see if I could capture. Lights reflecting off the water. Trees silhouetted against the night sky. Views of the Hexion Specialty Chemicals plant next door. Stuff like that. But I got frustrated trying to locate stationary objects to use as a steady rest for long exposures - they just weren't where I wanted them. I guess that's what tripods are for.
Site 37 - Foscue Creek Campground, Demopolis AL
- This is a well maintained US Army Corps of Engineers campground with level paved sites, most with full hookups
- Many sites overlook the water of the inlets off Demopolis Lake on the Tombigbee River
- There is good biking on the park roads
- The campground is pretty full Thanksgiving week and is generally booked solid the weekend of the Demopolis Christmas on the River festival in early December.
- Poor Verizon cell phone service - access is via Extended Network, roaming
- No Verizon EVDO service - access is via the Extended Network and service varies is slow but reliable
- Only 3 miles to Wal-Mart and other services in Demopolis AL
- Find other references to Foscue Creek
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather
- Reserve a site
- Get a map