The new, lovely little towboat Gretchen T pushing a load of xylene up the river, Demopolis AL, December 16, 2007
In thinking through how I might revamp the journal once again to do that I came across some images I think should be in a separate photography gallery.
Since traveling gets in the way of this fun stuff I went to Recreation.gov and booked site 42 through Christmas (site 42 is already booked by someone else from the 26th on). That should give me the time I want to put some basic changes in place here at CoxonTool.com.
Site 42 - Foscue Creek Campground, Demopolis AL
- This is a well maintained US Army Corps of Engineers campground with level paved sites, most with full hookups
- Many sites overlook the water of the inlets off Demopolis Lake on the Tombigbee River
- There is good biking on the park roads
- The campground is pretty full Thanksgiving week and is generally booked solid the weekend of the Demopolis Christmas on the River festival in early December.
- Poor Verizon cell phone service - access is via Extended Network, roaming
- No Verizon EVDO service - access is via the Extended Network and service varies is slow but reliable
- Only 3 miles to Wal-Mart and other services in Demopolis AL
- Find other references to Foscue Creek
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather
- Reserve a site
- Get a map