Sideling Hill Service Plaza, Waterfall PA
Camped, Sideling Hill Travel Plaza, Waterfall PA, October 24, 2011
- This is a modern, well maintained travel plaza with ample parking
- There's even a small Farmer's Market here.
- There's an RV dump station should the urge arise
- Verizon cell phone service - excellent
- Verizon EVDO service - excellent
- Check the weather here
- Visit the Service Plaza website
Nights I've camped here
I am convinced our own happiness requires that we should continue to mix with the world, and to keep pace with it. . . . I can speak from experience on the subject. From 1793 to 1797, I remained closely at home, saw none but those who came there, and at length became very sensible of the ill effect it had upon my mind, and of its direct and irresistible tendency to render me unfit for society, and uneasy when necessarily engaged in it. I felt enough of the effect of withdrawing from the world then to see that it led to an anti-social and misanthropic state of mind, which severely punishes him who gives in to it; and it will be a lesson I never shall forget as to myself.