Santa Rosa Lake State Park, Santa Rosa NM
Morning at Site B4, Santa Rosa Lake State Park, Santa Rosa NM, May 10, 2012
Santa Rosa Lake State Park is located on the shores of a Pecos River Reservoir about 7 miles north of Santa Rosa NM. This park offers quiet camping among the junipers and boating and fishing in the reservoir.
- Verizon cell phone and broadband service - fair signal if a bit slow
- Go to Santa Rosa Lake State Park website
- Locate Santa Rosa Lake State Park on my Night Camps map
- Check the weather here
Nights I've camped here
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - Santa Rosa State Park, Santa Rosa NM
- Pulling out of the Flying C Ranch gas station off I-40 this afternoon I bounced over a bump a little too aggressively. Now I find stuff falling off the walls in the trailer. Aaargh... Image: Morning at Site B4, Santa Rosa Lake State Park, Santa Rosa NM, May 10, 2012.
There are all degrees of proficiency in knowledge of the world. It is sufficient, to our present purpose, to indicate three. One class lives to the utility of the symbol; esteeming health and wealth a final good. Another class live above this mark to the beauty of the symbol; as the poet, and artist, and the naturalist, and man of science. A third class live above the beauty of the symbol to the beauty of the thing signified; these are the wise men. The first class have common sense; the second, taste; and the third, spiritual perception. Once in a long time, a man traverses the whole scale, and sees and enjoys the symbol solidly; then also has a clear eye for its beauty, and lastly, while he pitches his tent on this sacred volcanic isle of nature, does not offer to build houses and barns thereon, reverencing the splendor of the God which he sees bursting through each chink and cranny.
Essay VII, Prudence Ralph Waldo Emerson