Gum Springs Campground - Winnfield LA
LD at Gum Springs Recreation Area west of Winnfield, Louisiana, January 8, 2007
- This is a primitive campground with no water or electric hookups at the sites and no dump station.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available here but I don't remember how strong the signal is.
- Get Kisatchie National Forest camping info
- Find other references to Gum Springs
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather
- Get a Kisatchie National Forest map
- Get a Google map
Nights I've camped here
Wisdom is a product of a process. This process begins with information, proceeds through knowledge, and through what a less gifted poet, Edgar Guest, called "a heap of living," ends in wisdom.
... Wisdom, when it comes, usually arrives late in life. I've known some people who were wise in their early thirties and others who died old without a clue. Most philosophers were of the mind that a person should be at least forty years of age to have enough learning experiences. Now it seems that it is much too young. The step from knowledge to wisdom is the longest one in a person's life.