Pine Springs Campground - Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Salt Flat TX
To quote the National Park Service description of this campground:
Pine Springs (Elevation 5,822')
Campground conveniences include: potable water, accessible flush-toilet restrooms , utility sink, pay telephones, and a drink machine. There are no showers available in the campground.
Tent campers have a choice of 20 leveled, gravel sites. Small junipers and oaks partially shade most of the sites and each site has a picnic table. Numbers are limited to 6 people or 2 tents per site.
The RV camping area is a paved parking lot with 19 sites to choose from. RV sites are defined by painted lines and numbers on the pavement. There are no hook-ups and there is no dump station. RV water tanks can be filled from an outside water faucet near the registration board. RV campsite #21 is wheelchair accessible.
- This is a small, primitive campground with not very level paved sites
- There are lots of good hiking trails in the mountains
- Verizon cell phone signal is a little weak but adequate - Access is via Extended Network, roaming
- No Verizon EVDO service - access is via the Extended Network and service is slow
- Find other references to Guadalupe National Park
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather
- Go to Guadalupe Mountains National Park website
- Get a Google Street View and a map