Davis Mountains State Park Campground, Fort Davis TX
Deer at Davis Mountains State Park, Fort Davis TX, January 12, 2008
To quote the Davis Mountains State Park website:
Developed facilities south of State Highway 118 include restrooms with and without showers; campsites with water; campsites with water and electricity; campsites with water, electricity, sewer, and cable TV connection; a group picnic area with tables, an outdoor amphitheater (capacity 200 - no fee); picnic sites; a playground; an interpretive center (staffed by volunteers); 9 miles of hiking trails (not including the Limpia Creek Primitive Area) ; and a Texas State Park Store. Special rates are available (Contact the park for information). A self-registration station is available at the headquarters for visitors arriving after office hours and/or park host duty hours. Campsite availability and status information are posted each evening.
- This is a nice, well maintained campground with level gravel sites with electric & water, and some with full hookups
- There is good biking on the park roads and hiking trails in the hills
- Good Verizon cell phone service - Access is via Extended Network, roaming
- No Verizon EVDO service - access is via the Extended Network and service is slow
- Find other references to Fort Davis
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather
- Reserve a site
- Get a Google Street View and a map
Nights I've camped here
...if you’re young, dear God, don’t try to live the way your parents did. You don’t need three bedrooms, although a roof is nice. Get the hell outa Dodge and stir things up. Leave! Adapt! Believe in yourself! Have fun! The bottom line is, do I have shelter and enough to eat. Everything else is optional. EVERYTHING! There are no rules!!! Just keep it simple: get that first bit down, no matter how, and you can get creative with the rest.