Burro Creek Campground south of Wikieup AZ
Camped at Burro Creek Campground, Wikieup AZ, March 27, 2011
Burro Creek Campground is a BLM Recreation Site along Burro Creek just off US 93 a few miles southeast of Wikieup AZ and 60 miles northwest of Wickensburg AZ.
The BLM has this to say
The Burro Creek Recreation Site is situated along Burro Creek within a very scenic Sonoran desert Canyon at an elevation of 1,960 feet. This peaceful area has long been a favorite stop of travelers on nearby Highway 93. Visitors here are invariably fascinated with the contrast between the deep blue pools and tree-lined banks of Burro Creek, and the saguaro-studded hills and cliffs of its desert setting.
- No Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available here.
- Visit the BLM - Burro Creek website
- Locate Burro Creek Campground on my Night Camps map
- Check the weather here
Nights I've camped here
- Sunday, March 27, 2011 - Burro Creek Campground, Wikieup AZ
- Is that what I think it is? Yes! Great Blue Herons, nesting on the cliff face above Burro Creek, right across from the campground. Wow! I gotta get some pictures! Image: At the Nest, Great Blue Heron, Burro Creek, March 27, 2011.