Wednesday, January 2, 2013 - Bosque Birdwatchers RV Park, San Antonio NM
Brrr..., Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, San Antonio NM, January 2, 2013
Frost on the pumpkin
It got a wee bit chilly in the neighborhood last night. It was a windy 12 degrees at eight this morning when I shot this guy/gal taking off from his/her night standing frozen in the pond. Several of them were flying out with legs tucked up this morning. They don't usually do that. It can't be very aerodynamic. Perhaps the waste heat from the extra energy it took to fly the bird was welcome this morning.
- This is a basic, small Mom & Pop RV Park with full hookups.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available here with a strong signal.
- Locate Bosque Bird Watcher's RV Park on my Night Camps map
- Click for Google street view
- Check the weather in San Antonio NM
This part of the brain starts firing when the animal sees a sign that food might be nearby but stops firing when the animal sees the actual food itself. The SEEKING circuit fires during the search for food, not during the final locating or eating of the food. It's the search that feels so good.