Full Moon Rising, Caballo Lake State Park, NM, May 5, 2012
I'm off for the summer
My trek back to New York is over and I'm settling in here for the summer. I'll start posting here again when I leave Red Rock in the fall. See you down the road.
The Home Place
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
My favorite quote from Wendell Barry [sic] (other than his mad farmer poems that is) is from Long-Legged House: