Monday, March 26, 2012 - City of Rocks State Park, Faywood NM
Untitled, City of Rocks State Park, Faywood NM, March 25, 2012
Raw material for a series.
These Milkvetch* pictures I've been getting the last few days, with and without their attendant insects, seem to bring out a creative editing streak in me. And I have hundreds of pictures to work with. You may see a few more of the better ones show up here over the next few days. This creative license bit is fun.
* not Crested Milkvetch as I thought. This is another of the many many Milkvetches but I'll be darned if I can figure out which.
Site 2 Canes Venatici - City of Rocks State Park, Faywood NM
- Verizon cell phone service - fairly good signal - best on west side of the park
- Verizon EVDO service - faster than many places I've camped
- Go to City of Rocks State Park website
- Locate City of Rocks State Park on my Night Camps map
- Check the weather here
The San Francisco Mountain lies in northern Arizona, above Flagstaff, and its blue slopes and snowy summit entice the eye for a hundred miles across the desert. About its base lie the pine forests of the Navajos, where the great red-trunked trees live out their peaceful centuries in that sparkling air. The pinons and scrub begin only where the forest ends, where the country breaks into open, stony clearings and the surface of the earth cracks into deep canyons. The great pines stand at a considerable distance from each other. Each tree grows alone, murmurs alone, thinks alone. They do not intrude on each other. ...
The Song of the Lark, Willa Cather, p265, Houghton Mifflin Co paperback edition 1987