Camped at City of Rocks State Park, Faywood NM, March 14, 2009
It's been a while
A bit over two years in fact, since I last spent some time at City of Rocks State Park. I miss it - it's one of my favorite New Mexico State Parks. I'll be heading up there for a few days once my rent runs out here at the end of the month.
I can hardly wait to see if I can get some better pictures of the rocks than I got on my earlier visits. Meanwhile I'll put up a few old ones here.
Site 8 - LoW-HI RV Ranch, Deming NM
- This is a spacious 65 site campground with most sites offering full hookups.
- Locate LoW-HI RV Ranch on my Night Camps map
- Verizon cell phone - strong signal
- Verizon Broadband - strong signal but often slow
- Check the weather in Deming NM
During the 1990s I knew all the dot-coms would go to hell, because when I thought about them the only images I saw were rented office space and computers that would be obsolete in two years. There wasn't anything real I could picture; the companies had no hard assets. My stockbroker asked me how I knew the two stock market crashes would happen, and I told him, "When the Monopoly play money starts jerking around the real money you're in trouble."