Sunday, February 14, 2010 - Bosque Birdwatchers RV Park, San Antonio NM
Golden Barrel cactus, Garden, Bosque National Wildlife Refuge, San Antonio NM, February 13, 2010
Anything but spineless
Quite unlike the Prickly Pear cactus I called "Mittens in the Garden" yesterday, the three Golden Barrel cacti nestled against the garden wall are anything but spineless. Beautiful specimens they are!
- This is a basic, small Mom & Pop RV Park with full hookups.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available here with a strong signal.
- Locate Bosque Bird Watcher's RV Park on my Night Camps map
- Click for Google street view
- Check the weather in San Antonio NM
... Jack Panksepp found that laboratory-reared rats who've never seen or smelled a cat stop playing the instant you put a tuft of cat hair in their play space. Since frightened animals don't play, that's a good indication that those rats are afraid. ... This experience got Dr Panksepp to thinking about how many research laboratories might be messing up their results due to researchers' coming to work smelling like their pet cats.