Sunday, December 20, 2009 - Bosque Bird Watcher's RV Park, San Antonio NM
Bald Eagles, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, December 20, 2009
The Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge is a must see if you are into birdwatching. I'm not really a birdwatcher but today was such a beautiful sunny Sunday I couldn't resist taking a bike ride through the refuge before I head off to Ghost Ranch.
Those three big birds were so far away I couldn't tell what they were with these old naked eyes so I zoomed in to 18x with the Panasonic DMC-FZ28 I was carrying and fired away. Surprise! They weren't some big buzzard or hawk - they were bald eagles. Four bald eagles - an adult and three juveniles. I hadn't even seen the adult camouflaged by the tree. Way cool.
Maybe I oughta come back here....
- This is a basic, small Mom & Pop RV Park with full hookups.
- Verizon cell phone and Broadband service are available here with a strong signal.
- Locate Bosque Bird Watcher's RV Park on my Night Camps map
- Click for Google street view
- Check the weather in San Antonio NM