Thursday, December 17, 2009 - Brantley Lake State Park, Carlsbad NM
Lava field dawn, Valley of Fires, Carrizozo NM, April 28, 2009
Back on Saturday, December 5, 2009 - Brantley Lake State Park, Carlsbad NM I mentioned New Mexico's plan to close the park system December 23rd and 24th this year as part of an employee furlough program the State put in place to help deal with their budgetary shortfall.
It's time to start drifting toward a solution to the problem of where to make my Night Camps those nights so tomorrow I'm going up to Valley of Fires Recreation Area, Carrizozo NM. From there I'll head west over to the Rio Grande valley and hopefully touch base with friends at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge and Elephant Butte State Park as I drift down the valley before making a blast over to Henderson NV to spend a few days with cousins Ken & Connie between Christmas and New Years.
Site 42 - Brantley Lake State Park, Carlsbad NM
- Verizon cell phone service - Access is via Extended Network, roaming
- No Verizon EVDO service - access is via the Extended Network and service varies with many drop-outs.
- See a list of the nights I've camped at Brantley Lake State Park
- Locate Brantley Lake State Park on my Night Camps map
- Go to Brantley Lake State Park website
- Locate services on my Resources map
- Check the weather here
Out by the road on the far side of the house is a wild rose bush. It's mostly thorns. We never water it or cut it back. It just lives on its own. It makes tiny yellow roses that never relax. I think the buds know that opening up is the beginning of the end.
The Box Children, Sharon Wyse