Stainless steel art series #1 - Square lamp, ca. mid 1990's, photographed March 18, 2001
About fifteen years ago I started playing around bending wire into bird, animal, and human figures and some inanimate figures as well. Back in April I was showing some of them to Kate and with her encouragement we spent a sunny morning photographing them. I've presented a few of those images in a series here and now I'm adding some images of a few pieces I didn't have with me that take my art in some new directions using stainless steel wire and sheet.
Here we're seeing a transition toward larger pieces using wound wire "springs" and stamped metal.
On my property off Less Traveled Road - The Home Place, Red Rock, East Chatham NY
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
I truly believe that embracing these three pillars predisposes us towards genuine and well considered output.