Catkins, Home Farm, Red Rock, East Chatham NY, May 29, 2009
Panic slowly John
This morning as I was preparing to break camp after doing some grocery shopping I spotted a wet spot on the floor in front of the refrigerator. We'd had the usual nightly downpour and the two leaks that have been aggravating me were nice and dry so I was quite taken aback to find water on the floor in a new spot. But all is well - the condensation catch tray in the refrigerator sloshed when I drove over to the supermarket.
On my property off Less Traveled Road - The Home Place, Red Rock, East Chatham NY
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
This part of the brain starts firing when the animal sees a sign that food might be nearby but stops firing when the animal sees the actual food itself. The SEEKING circuit fires during the search for food, not during the final locating or eating of the food. It's the search that feels so good.