Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - Male, Red Rock, East Chatham NY, May 30, 2009
I found a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker nest on my evening walk
I just got lucky. On my evening walk I decided to see if the Great Horned Owls I saw the other evening (there's a picture of one of the owls in the Birds Series of my Photography pages) were around and while staked out on the ridge I was scolded by a male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker returning to the nest. I managed to get a couple decent shots of him and his mate and tomorrow I'll put up a picture of the female.
On my property off Less Traveled Road - The Home Place, Red Rock, East Chatham NY
- I used to camp in a few locations on what little I had left of the family farm
- In the driveway by the house
- Across the road where the barn once stood
- On the 20 acre piece off Less Traveled Road
- Now, with the kind support of the friends who now own the place, I camp across the road where the barn once stood.
- Verizon cell phone service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Verizon EVDO service - Terrible, barely usable with an amplifier
- Find other references to Home Place
- List the nights I've camped here
- Check the weather here
"We the people, in order to form a more perfect union."