Sunrise at Rockhound State Park
Rockhound State Park backs up against a ridge on the north side of this little valley and overlooks the mountainside to its south. The early morning light playing off that mountain ridge and the clouds it precipitates from the cool moisture passing by on the prevailing winds is endlessly fascinating.
And drop dead gorgeous. What a glorious view to wake up to.
Site 28 - Rockhound State Park, Deming NM
- Verizon cell phone service - good signal
- Verizon EVDO service - good signal
- Find other references to Rockhound on this website
- List the nights I've camped here
- Go to the Rockhound State Park website
- Get a Google map of this area
- Check the weather here
We do not destroy this past of ours; it is indestructible. We carry it with us; its record is written deep in our lives. We only refuse to acknowledge it as our true past and try to make it an alien thing - something that did not happen to our real selves.... But this unremembered past endures.... Our buried past is mighty; the ghosts of our father and of the selves that we have been haunt our days and nights though we refuse to acknowledge their presence.