I feel a tad uncomfortable traveling through strange country on a long holiday weekend when services might be few and far between.
That concern never stopped me in the past
But one can end up driving a long day - into and even through the night - when too many places are closed. I guess I've had enough of that. I just don't feel like doing that right now - and I don't have to, thank you very much. There's no rush to get anywhere. So I'll hang here and fill up on bookstores for a few days. There are two nearby, a new Barnes & Noble and an older Book-a-Million.
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #715, 1501 Skyland Blvd E, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405 - (205) 750-0823
This Wal-Mart is one of my favorite parking lots for overnight dry camping. There is good, level parking and access to lots of shopping and services useful to the traveler.
- Good level parking, reasonably quiet
- Books-a-Million & Michaels Craft store across the road
- U-Haul propane nearby, Lowe's and Home Depot 1 mile
- Major shopping centers nearby
- Verizon cell phone service is excellent
- Verizon EVDO Broadband service is excellent
- Find other Wal-Marts in the area
- Check the weather here
Another wait of more than an hour and he was back in the berry picking business. He found some good patches and was really canning the blueberries. Only room for so many and what appeared to be about two gallons spilled out behind. Now and again he used the claws of a front foot to rake a bush in front of the picker head.