Coxontool: Reference Library
Metal and wood finishing techniques and supplies
- Abrasive Backing Materials
- Designations, weights and uses of the most common paper, cloth and fiber backing materials for sandpaper and abrasive belts and discs.
- Abrasive Grains
- There are several naturally occurring and manufactured grains used to make abrasive papers, wheels, stones, etc., each with characteristics more or less suitable for a particular application.
- Abrasive Grit Sizes
- This table lists the grit sizes used in making sandpaper and abrasive belts, wheels, stones and hones used for sanding, sharpening, and polishing, etc.
- Abrasives - Definition Selection and Use
- What is an abrasive, how does an abrasive work, how is an abrasive made, and how do I select the right abrasive for the job?
- Kitchen countertops and sinks
- Here are some of the many choices available to consider when selecting a counter top material.
- Sam Maloof's Finishing Technique
- This wonderful description of Sam Maloof's wood finishing technique was published in Woodshop News.