Woodworking tips, techniques, tools and supplies
- Abrasive Backing Materials
- Designations, weights and uses of the most common paper, cloth and fiber backing materials for sandpaper and abrasive belts and discs.
- Abrasive Grains
- There are several naturally occurring and manufactured grains used to make abrasive papers, wheels, stones, etc., each with characteristics more or less suitable for a particular application.
- Abrasive Grit Sizes
- This table lists the grit sizes used in making sandpaper and abrasive belts, wheels, stones and hones used for sanding, sharpening, and polishing, etc.
- Abrasives - Definition Selection and Use
- What is an abrasive, how does an abrasive work, how is an abrasive made, and how do I select the right abrasive for the job?
- Graule Radial Arm Saw
- I bought this Graule radial arm saw back in the early 1980s and it has been a real workhorse. The only repair it has needed is new linear slide bearings a few years back.
- Sam Maloof's Finishing Technique
- This wonderful description of Sam Maloof's wood finishing technique was published in Woodshop News.
- My Power Tools
- Information about a few of my power tools.
- How To Sharpen Hand Tools and Knives
- Eventually I hope to write my own page on sharpening but in the mean time I've collected some links to articles devoted to knife sharpening.
- My Old Pryibil Industrial Tablesaw
- I bought an old table saw from a picker friend back in the early '70s for $100.00. It's a well over 100 year old heavy cast iron industrial 12 inch table saw made by P. Pryibil. It's been a real workhorse.