Metalworking tips, techniques, tools and supplies
- Abrasive Backing Materials
- Designations, weights and uses of the most common paper, cloth and fiber backing materials for sandpaper and abrasive belts and discs.
- Abrasive Grains
- There are several naturally occurring and manufactured grains used to make abrasive papers, wheels, stones, etc., each with characteristics more or less suitable for a particular application.
- Abrasive Grit Sizes
- This table lists the grit sizes used in making sandpaper and abrasive belts, wheels, stones and hones used for sanding, sharpening, and polishing, etc.
- Abrasives - Definition Selection and Use
- What is an abrasive, how does an abrasive work, how is an abrasive made, and how do I select the right abrasive for the job?
- Sources of Metals and Metalworking Supplies
- This page is a collection of links to sources of metals, metal working tools and supplies, and machine shop tricks and tips I've come across.
- My Power Tools
- Information about a few of my power tools.
- How To Sharpen Hand Tools and Knives
- Eventually I hope to write my own page on sharpening but in the mean time I've collected some links to articles devoted to knife sharpening.
- Stainless Steel Types and Properties
- I use a fair amount of stainless steel in my metal crafts and jewelry and I've gathered some information about stainless here.