This is a list of things to check while breaking camp, before every departure with the Airstream.
Inside the Airstream
- Lock refrigerator door
- Stow away everything that might fall during travel
Outside the Airstream
- Latch/lock the hatches
- Check rear view mirrors
- Check roof vents
- Check that awnings are stowed and secure
- Check that lights are working
- Stow the steps
- Put the stabilizers up
- Remove wheel chocks
- Check trailer tire pressure
- Check wheel lugnut torque with a torque wrench. Using a torque wrench is especially important with aluminum wheels which are easily distorted by over-torquing.
- Double check every step of the hitch setup
Do a final pre-roll walkaround - every time
Eyeball everything, especially every component of the hitch setup. Get down and visually scan the entire underside of the trailer.
Tags: RV Information