Hold That Thought
Some thoughts I wanted to get down before they escape.
About my stuff and my relationship to it
- Is it greed?
- Motivations for acquiring, keeping
- For a rainy day
- Store of wealth
Re-organizing this site has been quite the chore
Finding hooks to hang the bits on, and mounting the hooks on a framework has not been easy.
- Site in constant flux as I learn how to do this
- Use search function to find stuff
It occurs to me that a surprising fraction of my thought processes involve social angst
- Why have we made a mess (as a species)?
- Why have I made such a mess (as an individual)?
- Cultural survival within
- Classify motivations by cultural and genetic motivations
- Motivations described in literature culturally biased, not genetically biased
- Descartes 1638? Discourse on Method "I think, therefore I am"
- Social dis-ease
- Consider "hold that thought" as part of GTD?
Writing odds & ends here is about:
- Learning to write
- "Expressive language''
- My "use it or lose it language problem
- Learning to think