Small Bucket, Box Blade & York Rake - My Driveway Kit
On this page is a list of the attachments I have for my Power-Trac PT-1845 and comments about the strengths and weakness I've found in some of them.
T3273 Serial #T5700 purchased with tractor on 4/9/02 - $1,200.00
- Came with 42 inch Kenhar forks k2100u (Class I?) 850 x 600 M15228x2 35x100
T3157 Serial #14806 $1,200.00 purchased with tractor 4/9/02
- Auger receiver 2 inch ID with 1/2 inch bolt 3 inches down
- The 72 inch Model T3244 Rough cut mower I bought with my Power-Trac PT-1845 tractor has been an effective mower but it has a few design weaknesses I've improved upon over the years. Here's what I've done to improve it.
Plow blade - 6 ft
On 4/16/02 I purchased this Bush Hog SBX720 box blade s/n 1200181 for $549.00 plus tax, from Columbia Tractor - my long term local IH/Case/Kubota/etc dealers - good people.
It didn't take me long to discover "climbing on float" 
Model MR38-8 with caster wheels serial number 5824 purchased 5/10/02 from Columbia Tractor $1050.00
On 5/21/02 Columbia Tractor welded a Quick Attach plate to three point hitch assembly.
This rake has proven to be the least satisfactory of all my implement purchases to date.
Silly me for assuming that, just because the blade pivots and there are stop pin holes on both sides, it will in fact pivot to face forward. Nope - there is a weldment in the way of the swivel. I think I can grind enough material away to get it to swivel so I can try pushing instead of pulling.
The main frame is angle iron rather than a square tube. It's not nearly stiff enough and is all too easily twisted (by either dropping it too hard or by accidentally applying full down force while going into float) which effectively puts the center teeth lower than either end making grading difficult. I've straightened it a couple of times by pushing against a tree but in the long run it will need reinforcement.
For quite a while I felt that at 8 feet it's a bit too long and that 7 would be better. With more experience I've decided the extra overhang beyond the tractor tires is useful in raking the edges of a road without the tractor needing to be too far off the track.
I forget now why I wanted to know this but here it is anyway.
- Overall width = 21 inches
- Overall height = 11 inches
The male QuickAttach plate assembly is a three point mount to the lift arms.
- Pins - 3/4 bolts - through ears straddling ball ends on the lift arms and upper roll link
- Pin ears - 1-7/8 between ears
- Pin ear length - 1-1/2 from bolt centerline to back of plate
- Lower pin ears - 2 sets 16 inches on center
- Upper pin ears - 1 set centered 6 inches above center line of lower ears
- Upper roll link - 20 inches center to center
My Driveway Kit
Load the box blade in the small bucket. Put the landscape rake on top. Strap 'em together and go. I've travelled for miles with this kit.
My idea for a mini Grade-All attachment
Take a small bucket and weld on a Quick Attach plate facing forward to make a mini grade-all - I think this would be useful in cutting sod along the edges of drives, cleaning ditches, etc.
My idea for a Power-Trac style dump trailer
My attempt to build a dumptrailer modelled after PowerTrac's Mini Dumper is just in its earliest stages. So far I have acquired an old sprayer trailer frame, put some brush hog flap wheels on it and picked up these parts for a hitch and side stakes. The trailer is high and short. Briefly, the idea is to be able to fill the trailer with a bucket, drop the bucket, and pick up a Quick Attach plate with the pintle hook attached. Then hook the trailer through the tow ring, move it, then lift it high to dump the load.
|1||Northern Tool||item#12880||Tow Ring||$37.99|
|1||Northern Tool||item#128300||5 ton Pintle Hook||$74.99|
|10||Northern Tool||item#12727||Stake Pocket||$74.99|
Other owners attachments
Please NOTE this list is out of date.
Charlie Iliff's attachments
- 60" 18 cu ft light material bucket
- 60" WR Long 4 n 1 bucket
- Lackender Extenda-Hoe
- Post hole auger
- 72" "rough cut" mower w/ finish blades
- 5' lifting boom
- Trailer adapter
- ATI quick-tach
- Kunz Acrease 60" rough cut mower
- Post driver
Bob Schafer's attachments
- Mini Hoe
- Fertilizer Spreader
- Spiked Aeration Roller
Thomas Marr's attachments
- 72" PT mower
- 4-in-1 bucket
- Swisher Wing mower
- Suspension seat (not an attachment, but a necessity)
- 18" PT Auger - sold original 400 series tractor and PHD to neighbor, need to fabricate or order a PHD for the 1845
Rip Taylor's attachments
- 84" plow
- 9 & 18 cu ft buckets
- AnBo 60" Grapple Rake
- Warn Hyd winch
- Lackender hoe w/8" & 12" buckets
- Worksaver forks
- Foam Filled Tires
- Mini Hoe